Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hello, how are you? And other polite swear words...

I really hate it when people ask me how I am. I am forced to say some such polite crap like "I am doing good" or "Great, how about you". I usually like the second one better because that is my little way of taking a revenge. YAHHAAHAA!
Usually what I want to say is "F-off you m-f-er!!! Today is the worst day of my terribly terrible life. My body feels like that of a 110-yr-old, I have been throwing up all night for no reason, my hubby thinks I am just ' at it again '...." Aaaaaaaaaaargh!
But nobody wants to hear that right?
This is the worst form of "Polite abuse" there is. (Yes, there is something called Polite abuse, it is there because I just made it up, I would know if the term I just made up exists or not won't I??...So there!)
I call it polite abuse because, with that one sentence the person questioning- the questioner, makes the person answering the question- the questionee (Yup, that one bears the authentic Ida stamp too, "Henceforth there shalt be a word called questionee and it shalt refer to anyone answering a question")- remember all the miseries in there life. But it is not sufficient that they realize that they are not leading the most remarkable of lives. They then have to swallow all the bitterness that comes from remembering garbage lying in the home, the fights they are having with their spouses, the weasel of a boss that is breathing down their neck, the four- year- old who thinks objects were created to stuff it up his nose, the in-laws who taunt them about not being as great a couple as they are.....and then they have to present a charming smile on their face, wipe off the frown, look at the questioner straight in the eye and give a polite reply.
I wonder how they would feel if they asked me "how are you" next time and I said, "Do you know my sex-change operation did not go off as well as I thought it would...."I wonder what they will think about that....
There are other polite abuses I can think of too. Like when somebody says “Can I help you?" Usually such a person is a senior, most likely in the office, and the last person you will ask to help you with typing is your boss. You would be up to your neck in work and all you could say was "No, it is ok, thanks for asking..." Again, with a pleasant smile. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!
Hmm…well that was my rant for the day. Let me end with another polite abuse…"Hope you have a great day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment